Is there anyway to speed up/bypass the 21 business day Velocity flight cancellation process?

Hi all - tried cancelling my Singapore Airlines business return flight SIN-LHR paid for using Velocity points. Had to email the request through, the call centre wouldn’t perform the cancellation. Below is the email I got back in response.

———

Thank you for contacting us regarding your refund request for your Velocity booking. I have now forwarded your request to our redemptions team who will action this for you.

As we are currently experiencing a higher number of enquiries than usual, please allow 21 business days for the flights to be cancelled and your Points/credit card payment to be refunded back to your account.

Requests are being actioned in travel date order. We appreciate your patience while we action your request.

———

Is there any recourse to challenge the 21 business days?

As far as I know, there isn’t. I’m not sure of the motives to cancel the ticket and when you were set to travel but the sensible thing to do would be to wait until a week or so before travel to consider cancellation options. Plus, the risk of cancelling now is that call centres are shut, limiting your avenues of getting a responsive reply from the airline.

A quick follow up - got an email response today to say that the flight has been cancelled and the points back into my Velocity account. So in reality that was around 3-4 days turnaround.

1 Like