Is the information given by the Qantas agent on a OneWorld RTW incorrect?

Hi all, new here, couldn’t see this brought up anywhere else.

I just called the Qantas FF help about booking a round the world ticket. The person just said to me that I can’t use FF points to book this ticket, and that the maximum number of flights is 6. This isn’t right as per the Points Hack guide linked below. I understand the Qantas online multi-city booking tool only allows up to 6 bookings, but I thought I could book more via phone call?
It took me about 20 minutes to get through to this person so a bit annoyed if they weren’t giving me the right information. Am I better off emailing or lodging an online ticket when ready to book?

Fly around the world in Business with Qantas and oneworld - Point Hacks

Hi,

Qantas agents quality vary substantially so you may have gotten an agent, who wasn’t very knowledgeable. Unfortunately, it can be challenging to get a good agent. You could escalate your case to a supervisor or hang up and call again (HUACA).

Try calling at different times, you might get lucky and get a local agent, who are generally better.

1 Like

The problem is calling it a round-the-world ticket, which is a paid product you can’t book with points. While most people do use it to fly around the world, the proper name for it, as noted in the guide, is the Oneworld Classic Flight Reward. If you use that terminology, you should have better luck over the phone.

3 Likes