Is Singapore Airlines providing change fee waiver due to COVID-19?

So in July last year I was patting myself on the back for securing 4 seats Syd to Paris (via Singapore) in June 2020 and 4 flights from Budapest to Sydney (via Frankfurt and Singapore) in July 2020 all with KrisFlyer points on Singapore Airlines.

It was going to be an amazing family trip but now we are obviously concerned about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and would like to postpone until June/July 2021.

Whilst these countries are not yet on SIA’s “waiver list”, the Australian Government has raised the travel alert on them to Level 3 (Reconsider all non-essential travel).

Is this increase in travel warning enough to insist on a full refund of points and taxes with no fees from SIA?

If not, can a change of flight fee be applied when flight availability has not yet been released for when you want to travel (ie as “pending”)?

Also, are the change fees per booking reference? per sector / per person? Per trip (end to end)?

Finally, as anyone had any luck in getting through to Singapore Airlines to discuss? How long was the wait? When is the best time to call?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Edward

Announced today, they are allowing flights up to 31 May to be changed/cancelled without fees.

If things doesn’t improve, likely IMO, they will extend the travel period.

1 Like

Thanks, I suspect that you might be right