Is it worthwhile to convert IHG Rewards Club points to Qantas Points?

Does anyone have any advice on Converting IHG Rewards Club points to Qantas Points? Is it worth the exchange or is the hotel value better than the airline value.

What is the exchange rate and how many IHG points do you have at your disposal?

Hi I have 74,600 at my disposal. I think the exchange rate is 10000 IHG points to 2000 qantas points.

Thank you.

It costs 65000 IHG points for a night at Intercontinental Sydney. The equivalent amount of Qantas points if transferred is 13000 Qantas points.

You can redeem Brisbane to Melbourne one way in economy for 12000 Qantas points.

You can weigh up which would worth more to you. Personally, I would keep the IHG points for hotel stays as Qantas points can be earned relatively easily in Australia. Whereas IHG points, I can only earn by stays and from buying when on sale.

However, you may be just short in Qantas points for a dream redemption. If that is the case, that may justify transferring over to Qantas. Or if you would never be paying for your own hotel stays - transfer to Qantas.

1 Like

Thank you for your breakdown of points usage. After reading your reply I may just keep the points with IHG rather than transfer them to Qantas as I think a free hotel room or 2 is a better deal.