Is it possible to transfer two Amplify reward accounts to one Krisflyer account?

Hi all,

My partner has about 300,000 Amplify points that we are planning to convert into Krisflyer miles. I am thinking of opening my own credit card (with a decent signup bonus - not necessarily St George Amplify) to earn Krisflyer miles as well.

We would like to pool these points into one Krisflyer account.

Does anyone have any experience in pooling reward points from different credit cards (with different names) into a single Krisflyer account?

I have heard of anecdotal stories in the past that sometimes it works when transferring from some programs (I can’t remember which one) if you have the same last name. However, it is not suppose to be allowed and they may have closed the loop hole by now.

I find that it is sometimes comparable/better to wait for Velocity transfer bonus to transfer. This coupled with the better transfer rate of Amplify to Velocity (2:1 from memory) gives rather comparable/more Krisflyer miles even when you have to take a 1.55:1 reduction when transferring from Velocity to Krisflyer.

E.g. 300,000 Amplify pts → 180,000 Velocity pts (20% transfer bonus and 2:1 transfer rate) → 116,129 Krisflyer miles (divide by 1.55)

300,000 Amplify pts → 100,000 Krisflyer miles (3:1 transfer rate)

If you send it to Velocity first, you can use family pooling into the same account.

1 Like