Is it possible to book 3 business class seats on the same flight using Velocity points?

I am looking to book 3 x one-way business class flights (2 adults, 1 child aged 7) in late Nov/early Dec 2022 either from Australia to Europe or vice versa and have started researching now (using Oct/Nov dates) but am struggling to find any availability. When I change the search to 2 people there is a lot of availability. Do Velocity only release 2 business class seats this far out? Am not having any problems finding availability through Qantas.
Would appreciate any tips on my best approach to getting all 3 of us on the same flight in business class (E.g. do I book 2 now and wait to book the 3rd or should I be searching particular routes). Happy to fly out of/into most Australian cities (am in Brisbane) and to/from most European cities.
Thanks!

This isn’t really a problem with Virgin per say but just Etihad. It seems they only release 2 seats for a lot of the Australia - Abu Dhabi routes in Business so that’s why you are having so much trouble. It isn’t impossible, but just rare, because Australia → Europe is always very popular. What you might consider though is buying a ticket for your child only. Some airlines may allow this and you can get business class ticket for them at around a 20% off discount which is still steep but better than nothing and then redeem your points for the adults. Otherwise, keep on looking is really the only solution.

Very helpful. I hadn’t considered purchasing a ticket for my child so will look into that. Good to know availability is rare not non-existent.

1 Like