Is British Airways Cityflyer eligible to go on a Qantas oneWorld RTW itinerary?

Hi there - I’m trying to plan a round-the-world award trip with Qantas, and ideally would like to fly LCY-TXL which is operated by BA Cityflyer with a BA flight number. Does anyone know if this is allowed under the rules?

I know for QF, you can fly Qantas Link (but not Jetstar) - I’m assuming it works the same for Cityflyer but any firsthand feedback is appreciated.

Thanks!

For a Oneworld Round the world trip, you can fly BA City Flyer because it is operated as a subsidiary of BA, just like Qantaslink for Qantas or American Eagle for AA. London City is much closer to the city centre than Heathrow and is much more convienient. The BA city flyer product is quite a bit better than their normal short haul product departing Heathrow. City flyer still serves drinks and snacks for free rather than an LCC style no frills experience on BA short haul. Do note though that for Business Class, no seats are blocked for the ‘european style’ business class.

I’ll also note that if you don’t land in LCY on your previous flight, departing from LCY on your next Cityflyer flight would constitute a service sector because you switched airports even if you are still in the same city.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks for the response. I’m flying in on BA2 (JFK-LCY) so was keen to not have to swap airports!

1 Like