If you could transfer 100,000 points to Delta Skymiles, Krisflyer or Asia Miles, what would you do?

Hi all,

I’m moving back to Aus after spending 5 years in the U.S and have an Amex platinum card in the U.S with 100k points that I need to transfer. Ive been trying to figure out the best option but I’m still torn. I have a toddler and wife so doubt business class would be the best option for trips. I’m also delta platinum. If you were transferring these points to be used out if Aus would you do delta, Singapore or Cathy Pacific.

Seems like Cathy has the best value after doing my research. Would love to get some thoughts of what people would do in my situation.

Matt

You’re probably right about Cathay being “the best value” in terms of needing the fewest FF points to fly… but be careful: availability is just as important as value. I’d suggest you do a few checks for availability of reward flights on routes/dates you’re interested in. If there’s good availability, go for it. Otherwise you may need to go with a programme which may not have as good value, but has better availability.

All the best!

I think both Cathay and Singapore airlines have good availability- and both have their own “sweet spots”. I’ve recently booked both airlines in business class for 2 people without any worries.

It really depends on what your travel goals are going forward. Figure out where you want to fly next year and research the best program to get you there.

I think both Cathay and Singapore airlines have good availability- and both have their own “sweet spots”. I’ve recently booked both airlines in business class for 2 people without any worries.

It really depends on what your travel goals are going forward. Figure out where you want to fly next year and research the best program to get you there.