How to transfer AirCanada Aeroplan miles?

Hi,

Can you give any advice on how I can transfer my points from AirCanda’s Aeroplan miles program please? I am about to take a trip for 3 adults to Canada from Brisbane return.

Hi,

Sorry I don’t seem to understand what you mean. If your points/miles are already in Aeroplan and you want to fly AirCanada, why do you need to transfer from Aeroplan?

Apologies, what I am saying is that I will be earning points for these flights and want to look at transferring them when I get back?

Just to close off on this, I found out that I could add my KrisFlyer number to my booking and this worked a treat. The only issue was that found this out after adding my Aeroplan number to my booking and even though I asked my Travel Agent to update them they never got updated on my booking. I called AirCanda whilst on travel after getting notifications from Aeroplan that they had added my points (for the outbound flight) and had them change it on their system to KrisFlyer. So I now have some Aeroplan points but the majority are safely in KrisFlyer. I checked with Aircanda and they can’t transfer them once they are already in Aeroplan.

My lessons from this are:

• Ask the airline if they accept any other Frequent Flyer memberships
  • At the Check In counter make sure the correct Frequent Flyer number is associated with the booking/flight.
Cheers Michael