How to select or 'force' a specific transfer airport while making a Qantas search?

I would like to book Miami - Sydney (MIA-SYD) using Qantas FF. When looking at Qantas, it only shows flight options via LAX (ie MIA-LAX-SYD). Of course, seat availability is poor because of the LAX-SYD routing. I know it’s possible to fly via Dallas Fort-Worth (MIA-DFW-SYD) with much, much better availability, however I can’t work out how to book as it isn’t shown as an option. Is my only choice to book via the call centre and tell them the specific flight times and numbers I want? How else can I select or ‘force’ a specific transfer airport?

(If relevant, MIA to either LAX or DFW is with American Airlines, and then LAX or DFW to SYD is with Qantas). Thanks.

On the Qantas website search interface (desktop view), there should be a toggle for “Multi-city”. Click on that and it should take you to another page on which you could detail exactly which airports you want to route via.

Side tip, using a multi-city search also brings up the good ol’ calendar view, which in my opinion is far more useful than the current default search page.

1 Like