How to redeem flights from Brisbane to Mumbai with Velocity points?

Hi,
We have been collecting Velocity points quite diligently over the past year. We are planning to go to India this year in May. We would like redeem our points for 2 xBusiness reward seats Our flights will be BNE-MUM, BLR-BNE.
We have collected combined:
approx 155,000 Velocity points.
approx 62,000 Membership Rewards points.
approx 29,000 Kirsflyer points.
I have done some research and need 168,000 Krisflyer each person return or 180,000 Velocity points. I understand we only have enough points for nearly 1 person. My research shows, I could transfer the Rewards and Krisflyer into Velocity and then would need approx 140,000 Velocity more to get the rest of the points.
I do understand buying Velocity points is expensive, but when doing the math, 140,000 Velocity would cost approx $3300 which is still cheaper than 1 return Business class ticket at nearly $5300 with Singapore Airlines. Am I making a mistake or is there another way around this? Would really appreciate some help.
Thanks a lot!!

If you are definitely deadset on flying at that time and are willing to pay for business class flight, buying points can usually save you some money (assuming earning airline status and points from paying cash for the flight is not a priority).

Otherwise, I would suggest continue to accumulate points and use that for a future trip.

You could also only do business for two person oneway (choose the outbound or inbound flight). Maybe choose the return trip as the return flight is generally more “depressing”.