How to maintain my Oneworld Sapphire status if I switch from Cathay Pacific Marco Polo Club to Qantas Frequent Flyer?

I have been a gold card Marco Polo member Cathay Pacific for a number of years (Sapphire on OneWorld). Our company has switched travel vendors to Qantas for travelling. I am at the lowest level on Qantas and wondering what the best way to maximise both frequent flyer programs, if that’s even possible. If I put in my Qantas FF number next time I am traveling on Qantas, will I still be entitled to the lounge and possible upgrades, etc? I don’t want to drop down from sapphire. Most important for me is lounge use and possibility of free upgrades. Any advice is appreciated!

Hi ssmithson,

As Qantas and Cathay are part of the oneworld family, you could still credit your Qantas flights to your CX (Marco Polo) account. I think that’s the most straightforward way to maintain lounge access for you.

Don’t think that would give you any chances of upgrades on Qantas though if booking directly with Qantas.