How to get from Perth to Canada using Qantas points?

Hi, I’m very new to this and have never used any of the 270k points I’ve accumulated so would be great full for any advice.
My wife and I plan on traveling to Calgary to visit her family in July next Year and would like to fly business if possible, mostly for the long leg from Melbourne to lax etc. Is it best value to fly with qantas through Australia to the states/Canada or should I be looking at somewhere in Asia? Not too concerned with the length of the flight if we’re in business as we’ve never experienced it before. I’ve also been reading the taxes are pretty high in Australia so thought there may be a better alternative. Thankyou

When I lived in Perth we had friends who went to Canada very regularly via Hong Kong flying Cathay. I’ve never done it myself, but a quick search of the Cathay Pacific website reveals that there are plenty of reward flights available for this time next year (I’ve done a Perth-Vancouver search). You can use Qantas points to fly Cathay.

All the best!

Great thank you for your advice, I think I’ll be a little short in the points so will have to look at just the Hong-Kong to vancouver leg. Cheers