How to get from Melbourne to Barcelona with a stopover in Istanbul using KrisFlyer miles?

Hi team, seeking advice on KrisFlyer redemption. We are intending to redeem for flights from Melbourne to Barcelona, with the intention of a stopover in Istanbul.Is this possible with either SIA or a partner alliance airline? We are flexible on dates. Thanking all in advance.

Hi @ikslee

This is well and truly possible and in fact I’m about to do something similar myself. You’ll have to book a Singapore Airlines redemption from Melbourne to Istanbul via Singapore, and then a separate Star Alliance redemption from Istanbul to Barcelona. I’d suggest you look for Turkish Airlines availability from Istanbul to Barcelona, but there are plenty of other Star Alliance one-stop options.

If you’re looking to fly in Business class, it’ll cost you 99,000 KrisFlyer points per person to fly from Melbourne to Istanbul on a Singapore Airlines “Saver” award, and another 33,500 KrisFlyer points per person to fly to Barcelona.

Another option down the track might be to fly Turkish Airlines all the way, if/when they commence their flights to Australia.

Hope this helps!

1 Like