How to fly from Europe to Thailand with Velocity points?

I will be in Spain/Portugal in January and looking for Business reward flights to Thailand using Velocity points. Departure port doesn’t matter within reason as I can get a budget flight to Milan, Frankfurt or other hub. Help please?

Hi Paulod,

You have two options that I can think of:

1. I've never done this, but you should be able to use your Velocity points to fly Etihad to Bangkok or Phuket. It doesn't look like you can book this online so you'll need to give Velocity a call. Etihad flies out of Madrid and several other European destinations. Be aware that Etihad's extra charges are very high.
  2. Convert your Velocity points to KrisFlyer miles. This will give you access to Thai Airlines (direct), Turkish Airlines (via Istanbul) and Singapore Airlines (via Singapore) flights to Bangkok and/or Phuket from several cities in Europe. I know you can book Singapore and Turkish online via the Singapore Airlines website; I'm not sure about Thai -- you may need to give KrisFlyer a call. There are most probably other Star Alliance options out there as well which I haven't looked into: Air China comes to mind, maybe Air India, etc.
Hope this helps!