How to fly from Brisbane to Rome with Qantas points?

Hi,
900k Qantas points in hand, looking to get BNE- Rome approx 9/6/23 and back approx 1/7/23
How early are seats released?
Looking for a 2 night stop somewhere, maybe Dubai?
Want to do business class if possible.
2 Adults.
Is booking economy and buying cabin upgrade with points a thing?
Don’t care about the carrier I fly with as long as they are nice lol.!
First time trying to book a points trip, seems more difficult than i imagined!!

Hi @robert1

Yes, booking long-haul flights at the moment is a bit more difficult than usual due to pent-up demand; you need to be patient and flexible!

I did a very quick search and here’s what I found: There’s nothing directly available that I could see between Brisbane and Rome.

How would you like your stopover to be in Doha, Qatar? Here’s one possibility: There’s quite good availability on the Canberra-Doha flight (via Melbourne). If you punch in a Brisbane to Doha search on the Qantas website, you’ll find availability on Qantas from Brisbane to Canberra, and Qatar on Canberra to Doha from there.

Then I could also see quite a bit of availability from Doha to Rome after your stopover (you might need to call Qantas to book that leg if you can’t do it online).

I would absolutely describe Qatar Q-Suites as “nice”!! But I wouldn’t recommend trying to get an upgrade from paid Economy class.

I haven’t looked at the return trip on July 1, but hopefully availability will come up in the same sort of way.

Hope that helps a bit and please get in contact again if you’re stuck!

2 Likes