How to book return tickets to London or Paris from Perth when return flight isn't available yet?

This might be a silly question but how do I book a return flight to either London or Paris using reqards if the return date isnt open for booking? i am a gold QF ff holder so i can book a certain amount of days in advance but thats only the outnound flight. Do i book one way to start? When i look at that option the points abd taxes are so much higher as the airline assumes im only travelling one way. Help please??

Hi,

If you selected a Classic Reward flight, it will cost 51,200 pts (economy) or 126,500 pts (business class) + taxes.

Even if you book a return trip, it will cost twice the amount of points + taxes for both ways.

I’d suggest that you book the flights as you see them being available as there is no saying whether you will see the outbound flight by the time the inbound flight is open for booking.

1 Like

Thanks Warren. So you don’t pay more on taxes or points for booking a one way Perth to London?

No, you shouldn’t. Unlike when booking with cash.

This only applies if you found a Classic Rewards flight. If you selected a points + pay flight (not recommended typically), it’s based on cash price, so you will end up paying more in points.

Thank you very much.