How to book multi-leg oneworld redemptions with Qantas points?

Hi

I am very confused. I was under the impression i could use the oneworld partnership airlines to book flights/upgrades with my Qantas FF points.

Could someone tell me what the process is? I have tried the oneworld website and it redirects to the Qantas. On Qantas site, i put in the itinerary and it does not show any other flights except Qantas and Emirates flights. I know there are plenty of economy and business Qatar flights available for the same destination when i look on the Qatar website.

Is there something like i have to be a oneworld member?

Am i using a different portal? I am currently searching under the Qantas website and choosing the option “use money, points or both” when searching for the flights.

Your help is appreciated.

Hi, try clicking the multi-city toggle and the Classic Award toggle and input the individual legs on the Qantas website. In your case, set Qatar as the 1st destination.

I tried, no flights available. i tried 1 year in advance - no flights available.

Can we use Qantas points directly on the Qatar site when booking?

Or do all flights with Qantas points have to be booked via Qantas site? Am i limited to only what they offer. Its pretty bleak, even 1 yr in advance flights to popular destinations.