How to book Air New Zealand flights to the Pacific using Krisflyer miles?

Hi All,
I was looking to book flights from Mel-Apia (APW) in May using the KrisFlyer Star Alliance table which comes in at 25,000 KF miles return in economy & 35,000 in business.
I’ve researched availability for award seats on United.com, which was pretty good for all of May in economy (and non existent for business).
I rang KrisFlyer to see if I could book the flights before I transferred points over from AMEX and was told there was no availability for any dates in May. If anyone could let me know if I’m missing something or if there is another place I can check for availability on this and other AirNZ routes it would be appreciated as the agent told me the only way for me to find was to ring up and ask date by date.

Also, does the free stopover on a return award flight still apply for awards on Star Alliance partners or is that only for SQ flights?

Regards,
Walter

Hey Walter sorry to be the bearer of bad news, But basically AirNZ offers NO award bookings through partner airlines. I have barely ever seen a flight they allow to be booked by a partner. Which is very disappointing because they are nice to fly with. You will have to try and use another airline if there is any on the route you want to go.