Hi - I need some advice. We are planning a trip to Europe next year (2016) - departing MEL or SYD in late April and returning in mid-June. I’m looking at the current AA promotion and trying to decide if it is realistic to plan to book award flights (we only have around 1 week of flexibility in dates at the start and end of the trip).
Given that award seats are released by date (I think it is 330 days in advance) - how do I go about booking? Should I book the first leg as soon as seats are released and then 6 weeks later book the return leg? Or should I wait until I can be certain that there are seats available on both of the dates I want?