How to best use Velocity points to fly return to Paris?

I’m hoping to get my family of 4 to Paris using my Velocity points (I doubt that I’ll have enough for anything above economy). What is the most efficient way to go? Thoughts?

If you can get in early enough to get the best reward seats (Economy Savers, not Economy Advantage), transferring your points to KrisFlyer is probably going to be cheaper than trying to get the flights through Velocity, regardless of which airline you end up on. If you can do it before the devaluation, good, but even afterwards its still going to be cheaper.

On my current calculations this will be 143k Velocity + $400 per person return, vs around 160k + $700 on Etihad or 220k + $300 if booked through Velocity.

After the devaluation, it will be about 160k + $400.

In August I was looking for flights to Paris in June 2019 (Women’s football world cup) with Velocity or QFF points.

I booked SYD - SIN - CDG on Singapore Airlines with Velocity points. Cost per economy seat was 75,000 + A$103.35

The best cash alternative I could find was Air India via Delhi for about $650, but 17 hours in Delhi wasn’t part of my travel plan :slight_smile: