How does on book award flights for children separate to adults?

Hi All,

I was wondering if anyone has any experience doing this. I want to book 2 rewards flights through Qantas FF but flying JAL. There are only 2 tickets available for rewards usually and want to use my points on my kids seats and then cash for myself. The QF website states that I need to ring them to book for children unaccompanied by an adult, obviously they won’t be but I can’t do a points booking and cash at the same time to stop this message. Will there be any potential problems doing this that I should prepare for? I have heard the QF call center can be hit and miss with the help you receive, so it would be good to know it’s possible before I make the call! My dates don’t pop up for booking until next week. Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Shouldn’t be a problem if everything goes smoothly. If the flight is cancelled, it will be a bit more of a hassle to wrangle the two bookings onto the same flight and you might not be able to online check-in because of it being children only.
I’m not sure if you could just book 1 child ticket in cash? I know you do get around 10-20% discounts for a cash ticket if booking for a child, so penny pinchers would go this route and book two reward seats for the adult and the first child.

Nice points, didn’t realise the kids ticket might be cheaper! I guess it’s always the same price on Qantas but I should check out JAL. Thanks djtech

1 Like