How do I make sure that I get Qantas points and status on an Emirates booking?

Not a big traveller but started a business and starting to get some points building up, wondering whether I just tell them at check in I want the points to go to Qantas and handover the card? or is there something I do online.

Is there anyway to get status without travelling. I will have a healthy points balance but no status sooner or later?

Cheers

ps love checking in on this site.

You can often manage your booking online on the Emirates website using your booking reference. In the online portal, you can enter your Qantas Frequent Flyer number to earn Qantas points for your emirates flights. In fact, this process applies to basically all flight bookings.

Another thing to note is that if you booked a Qantas codeshare (emirates flight with QF flight number) you would also earn status credits in addition to points, whereas its just points if flying on an EK emirates flight number.

You can also add your frequent flyer number at check-in by handing it to the check-in agent.

In terms of earning status credits without flying, I don’t think that is possible with Qantas. There are ways with Velocity from the AMEX Velocity Platinum or shopping at Coles.