How can I prevent my Qantas points from expiring?

Hello there - can i check if there is an expiry period for the qantas frequent flyer points? i have close to 200K points but I may not use these in the next 12-16 months as have already arranged travel. hopefully I wont lose the points. any advice if there is an expiry period for qantas ff for redemption?

Hi @Mona_bne

Qantas points don’t expire as long as you have some sort of activity in your account (ie. you either earn or use points) at least once within 18 months of your last account activity.

So if you’re not going to use any of your points in the near future, just do something to add points to your account and all 200k of your points will be safe for another 18 months. You could buy petrol from BP and scan your Qantas card at the checkout, or convert points from Everyday Rewards, or use the Qantas Wellbeing app, or buy something through Qantas shopping, or use a Qantas points-earning credit card, etc, etc, etc…

The only caveat is that family transfers don’t count towards extending the life of your points.

Hope this helps!

1 Like

Thanks a lot for quick response. yes will keep adding points through my amex. so thats good to note not going to lose the points.