Having difficulties finding Qantas/Emirates economy award seats from Sydney to Christchurch

I’m looking to book return flights for 3 people in April (before school holidays) and struggling to find any availability. This is a code share with Etihad on an A380 so hard to believe that there are no spare seats. Does anyone know if Etihad don’t release seats to Qantas until late?

Any suggestions on how to secure seats? Can you book via Etihad directly using QFF points?

Hi @larabe

First things first: Etihad doesn’t fly from Sydney to Christchurch and they’re not a codeshare partner with Qantas. You’re confusing it with Emirates.

I’ve just done a search on the Qantas website for the first week of April and there’s loads of availability on EK412 (Sydney to Christchurch) and EK413 (Christchurch to Sydney). I have no explanation for why you’re not finding availability. Check that the details you’re entering are correct, and maybe clear your cache and cookies before doing the search again?

If it still doesn’t work, let us know and I’m sure we’ll be able to help you out further.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes