Apologies if the is a frequent style of question. I’ve had a fair go at working this out with limited results.
Here’s my situation:
- My wife and I each have 125000+ Velocity points.
- We wish to travel business class from Sydney to Europe.
- Our preferred timing is to leave Sydney mid June 2016 returning mid July, but we can be flexible a week either side.
- We're happy to fly into almost any European airport to take advantage of the deal.
Now we should still be in the relatively early stages of flights being released as the August schedule has only just opened up.
So ultimately I’m looking for advice or tools to assist this process. I don’t mind doing the grunt work, but if I can narrow it down it’ll help:
- Is there any tool out there for just searching business reward for Velocity or partners?
- As we're flexible with cities, are there routes that we're more likely to have success with? Should we break it into Sydney > Asia and Asia > Europe?
- Is our timing for searching just all wrong? I know the theory of searching really early or really late is best, so have we missed it for being early.
- Are we going to struggle to get 2 seats? I've been searching for just 1 seat to find anything, but I know from previous US Airways reward flights that airlines can release one at at time, forcing you to gamble on booking that 2nd seat.
Any help would be much appreciated.