Does Velocity have different contact numbers for Gold or Platinum members?

Just wanted to know if Velocity have dedicated hotline numbers for their premium members other than the contact centre 13 18 75 number?

Cheers

Ben

Hi Ben,

No, the way Velocity works is that they have the one number for everyone, but when you call it will ask you to key in your Velocity number. The system will then detect whether you’re Gold or Platinum, and will then put you through to their special Gold/Platinum service automatically. The system generally works well.

1 Like

You do get put through automatically. Unfortunately my experience has been that the Platinum service is not as good as the standard line. And even worse, if their system is down and they can’t identify you, the standard people will refuse to deal with your problem once they find out you are gold/platinum even if it is 10 minutes into the call, and you have to go back to the beginning. Plus finally when they introduced a phone PIN in didn’t work and automatically deleted my old PIN and won’t let me re-instate it. So all in all, I think it is a terrible system.

Doesn’t seem too bad now. I called them 4 times recently - the first time I was on hold for about 5 minutes which wasn’t great, but then subsequent calls picked up within 1-2 mins of waiting. No problem with the PIN on my end.