Does anyone have any suggestions as to how to requalify for Qantas status if status expiry is not extended due to prior requalification?

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone is in the same boat as me.

I am a Qantas Platinum with a annual expiry date of April. I had retained Platinum this membership year by reaching 1200 status points prior to Covid, prior to Qantas stopping their flights and prior to the end of my membership year of April.

I understand that Qantas has extended status for another year for members who had not earnt status however as I had already met the requirements I didn’t get an extension. Qantas has not extended my membership past April 2021.

I can’t earn status credits now as they are not flying, so therefore I have less than 10 months (assuming Qantas starts flying right now) to earn 1200 points. It just doesn’t seem fair to me.

I have emailed Qantas and they have not been helpful at all. They just said they are offering new ways for people to earn status credits such as petrol however I can’t even take advantage of this as I am currently stuck overseas unable to return to Australia.

Any idea what I can do as I can’t see how I can retain platinum in such a short period of time.

Regards,

Thomas

Perhaps fly? Only way really