Do you earn Woolworths Rewards points on gift card purchases at Woolworths?

Hey there,

I’m looking to purchase some new headphones before the end of the year and will most likely make the most of the Boxing Day sales.

With the latest 5x points via Woolworths Rewards linked to QFF points, does anyone know if I could purchase a JB HiFi voucher from Woolworths (or a few vouchers depending on the price of the headphones), earn the 5x Woolworths Points at check out, then use that JB HiFi voucher to purchase headphones from JB HiFi?

I guess my question is, do you earn Woolworths Rewards points on gift vouchers?

Thank you

Hi @willpower

I’m afraid not. From the Woolworths Rewards FAQs:

So according to that, you will not earn Woolworths Rewards points on your gift card purchase.

Many associations and companies (eg. Automobile clubs, trade unions, insurance companies, professional associations etc etc) give their members a small percentage (generally about 5%) off gift cards. My suggestion would be to check if you’re eligible for such a discount, and purchase your gift card from there without worrying about rewards points. If you’re willing to buy your headphones from somewhere other than JB Hi-Fi, Cashrewards would also be worth looking at.