Can you use Qantas points to redeem a RTW flight that includes an Emirates flight?

Hi everyone,
I’m relatively new to QFF but am gradually getting my head around how to book a RTW flight. My question is when I book a Multi city dummy flight (for RTW) that has to include an Emirates flight (due to availability) it is usually 640k rather than 560k points for 2 people. I understand that Emirates is not part of one world and so the extra points but is having Emirates in RTW actually allowed?
Thank you,
Ian

Hi Ianz,

You can’t have Emirates in your RTW booking.

Thanks

Thanks for your answer duckiee.  So if all the points add up to 640k on a Multi City flight can I book under this system and so technically it’s not a RTW flight?

Thanks for your reply Warren.  I have read the article thanks but not up to speed totally yet.   I’m trying to book a Multi City flight MEL-ZRH  LHR-Montreal  JFK-MEL (obviously with surface sectors).  When I can get Cathay, BA and Qantas flights I can get it for 560k points for 2.  When I have to have one sector with Emirates the points go to 640k.  So I presume I am changing from a Oneworld RTW booking to a Partner redemption.  If this this the case, not that it’s a problem, I wouldn’t be bound by RTW conditions if Emirates is involved.

Does that make sense or am I totally confused?

Thanks again,

Ian

Take Emirates out of the equation - then you can get round the world, 5 stops for 140k economy, 280k business (if under 35,000 miles I think?). Don’t forget many airlines/flights available don’t show up when searching - you need to call them. (ie JAL). Good luck!