Can you transfer AMEX points to Qatar Airways Privilege Club?

Hi there!

I have a stash of Amex Points accrued on a platinum business card. I have found some flights on Qatar offering reward seats in business for the route I wish to fly but I have no Qatar points.
Is there any way to transfer Amex points to Qatar?
I have tried looking on Qantas, Virgin and Asia Miles to book the same flights but the award tickets only seem to be appearing on Qatar’s own website.
Any ideas?
Thanks so much for the help!!
J x

Unfortunately, Qatar’s program is not a transfer partner for Amex Membership Rewards.

If you can see the award flights on Qantas, Velocity or Asia Miles, you can teansfer your Amex points to these programs to redeem the flights. I suspect Velocity has the highest chance of seeing the flights and Asia Miles might have the lowest cash component for taxes and surcharges.

Thanks for the reply. That’s unfortunate. I will keep checking.

There is one option, which might work for you. You could transfer your AmEx points into Marriott Bonvoy points and from Marriott Bonvoy into Qatar Privilege Club avios. You’ll lose a lot of value in the process but it might be worth it if you have a bucketload of points and/or during a transfer bonus promotion.

@jessicammccabe
Yes! You can on the Platinum Edge. These changes are coming in
The following redemption options are changing
Type of
redemption options

Effective
Date

Current
redemption rates

New
redemption rates

Transfer to