Can you combine multiple itineraries into one Qantas OneWorld RTW itinerary?

I’ve booked all of my flights for a business class RTW ticket separately and called Qantas to link them into one ticket, expecting that once that happened the system would automatically convert these separate flights into a RTW ticket and the points used would automatically reflect that. However, I’m repeatedly told by Qantas agents that that will not happen and in fact, hasn’t happened. The itinerary is correct. What have I done wrong? Is there anything I can do now to correct this?

Ah, yeah so this is one of the things that should be made more clear for anyone trying the book as you go approach.
You need to book all of your flights as ONE booking not multiple seperate bookings. Just linking them together won’t make it go to the magical price of the RTW ticket. What you want to do is start a Multi-city booking with the initial batch of flights with availability and then add/amend the flights within that multi-city booking as you go. So initially, when you first MAKE that multi city booking it might be something like 290,000 points, but then as you add and add, it will cap out at the 318K because it is all on the same booking. Having ONE single multi city booking is key here. If you made them separately, there is no way for the system to figure out that this is all part of a bigger grand scheme of a RTW trip.

The only recourse now is probably to cancel each ticket one by one and then hope that award availability goes back (this usually is okay if you booked within a few days of the award space being available, so not much has changed about the revenue calculations on the airline’s part), then rebook it all as a multi-city and then keep adding to it until you hit that cap. Otherwise, you might find it better to just eat the loss and just take the flights as you have anyway. It really depends on how many flights you have, whether there are still seats available now for the flights you want, and if you want to swallow the 6000 point cancellation fee for each and every booking.

1 Like

Thank you so very much. I guess I’ll tally up the points cost of the cancellations (will be more than 100,000 as the trip involved many flights and for two people), then the points cost of the trip as it stands compared to the RTW points cost and make a decision. So helpful to get an expert and definitive answer to my problem. Thanks again.