Can you add on a return flight to a one way Krisflyer redemption to get the free stopover?

I’m planning to take our family of 4 to Europe in July 2020 and am hoping to use my Krisflyer points to secure 4 Economy Saver Award tickets. Whilst we will depart before school holidays start, our return will be on the last day or so of the school holidays.

Rather than wait until return flights are released (presumably 3 weeks after our departing flights given a 3 week trip). Is there a way that we can secure the outbound leg of our return trip when these are first released and add the return leg when these become available (worst case, I may need to pay for the all or part of the return leg but I don’t want to risk losing the outbound by waiting to get it all with points).

I know that I could book each as separate one way tickets, however, a return Economy Saver Award ticket allows for one free stop in Singapore (which we would like on our return) and one one tickets do not permit the stop (please correct me if I have that wrong).

If I book each direction as separate one way tickets, is there a way to connect them as a return trip and get the free stopover?

Hi,
I have not done it before myself but I reckon you can with a small change fee. From memory, a phone call is required to book a stopover anyway.

I would definitely book it separately for peak season. Worst case, pay U$100/150 for stopover.

Would be interested with a follow up regarding how you went.

1 Like