Can we have more economy class flight reviews please?

I love Point Hacks. But after reading yet another First Class review I would love to see a few more economy class reviews please as that’s what the vast majority fly. On the site there are 65 Business Class Reviews, 18 First Class and only 17 Economy flight reviews. Perhaps is this is because of the “value” placed on points by the team that favours expensive premium classes. However, the holy grail to me is getting 5 economy reward seats for the family with any airline to anywhere during school holidays! The holy grail has hopefully been realised with the new Virgin flights to Tokyo, assuming the 737 Max is delivered on time.

2 Likes

Not a Point Hacks staffer, so just postulating here, but you did probably hit the nail on the head re. the value of points being for premium classes.
The other thing to point out though is that there is very little variation between economy class offerings on different airlines, maybe an inch or two of legroom, or different catering (which changes anyway, so a review is only true for a certain period of time). Considering there is very little in the way of soft product differences as well, or atleast none that can’t be found with a quick google search, and the time spent 1. actually flying 2. taking notes/photos on the flight and 3. writing and editing the review, just to come to a conclusion that the product is broadly similar to one that’s been flown many times before, kind of makes it not economical to write an economy review

Hi @bowdensloan , thanks for your feedback! @mctaggartw raises lots of valid points which pretty much sums it up.

We’re not opposed to flying and reviewing Economy when there is a good angle to it (e.g. my recent Qatar Airways trip started in Economy from Perth-Doha-Amman which I’ll be writing up). But premium cabins will always remain the focus of the site as we’re all about using points for Business and First Class :slight_smile: