Can someone please help with a Qantas Oneworld itinerary?

Hi all,

I’m looking to book 2x rtw tickets on business using Qantas oneworld. I’m new to this so please excuse my ignorance.

The first leg we want to book is MEL to MLE (via DOH). However, I get an error message when placing that flight on the Qantas oneworld website. The error message says “Your itinerary must proceed in a continuous direction: either east bound or west bound. Back tracking between regions is not permitted).”

Does the fact that we backtrack from our layover stop (DOH) prevent us from accessing the oneworld rtw ticket?

Also, when booking one flight at a time, how does it all link up? I assume we use the same reference number when booking, and so long as we meet the requirements of the oneworld rtw, we will only pay 318,000 in QFF points + taxes (per person). Is that right?

Thanks in advance.

Yes the backtracking is exactly the problem here I think. The tool is actually pretty straight forward and if you look at your routing on the map, it shows you where the problem lies.

As for booking, my understanding is there is one big booking (With booking reference) from Qantas of your round the world trip and in it are all the different flights you’ll take. For each flight/itinerary with a carrier, you’ll get a carrier specific booking reference as well that works with that carrier to use their own Booking management system. But yes, the points you’ll pay is the oneworld RTW booking rate and taxes.

Hi dpr, I see you are using the Qantas ‘Round the world’ option on the booking screen: (through this link https://rtw-qantas.oneworld.com/rtw/?origin=QF)

Heads up this is NOT the right link to book your journey using points. This is for cash fares which follow different rules entirely.

You need to go and click ‘Multi-city’ on the booking page, and toggle ‘Use points - Classic Flight Rewards only’.

Access the correct booking page here: Multi-city flights | Qantas AU

Also read up on the rules of the Qantas Oneworld reward: Fly around the world in Business with Qantas and oneworld - Point Hacks

1 Like