Can I transfer from Amex Membership Ascent points (from Amex Platinum Edge) to Qatar Airways Privilege Club?

Hello . I would like to transfer 100k Amex points ( plat edge credit card rewards program ) to Qatar airways ( privilege club ) . Now , I understand qatar airways is not listed as a ffp . Is their another way I can get the points over to qatar airways privilege club . Any free to answer and assist ASAP ? Thanks heaps

Hi,

As you have mentioned, there Qatar FFP is not a transfer partner. As Qatar is a oneworld member, you could transfer to AsiaMiles (Cathay Pacific FFP) to redeem Qatar award flights. Best to double check that AsiaMiles see award seats before transferring.

Hi jtso6123

You’re probably aware that it’s not possible to do a direct points transfer between ff programs except for Krysflyer and Velocity. I think you should be able to do a little side stepping by transferring Amex MR points to a hotel partner such as SPG and then transfer those across to Qatar. I know this was a possibility prior to the Marriott merger so I’d be researching those options. Good luck.