Can I fly to Israel using Velocity points?

Hi All,

Assuming that it will all go well with Velocity, is there a way to redeem a flight to Israel?

I know that with KrisFlyer I can via Frankfurt / Istanbul.

I couldn’t find it via the Velocity website, as I believe it will be using partner airlines.

P.S.
Anyone knows if/when we can transfer points from Velocity to KrisFlyer?

Points transfers won’t be coming back I’m afraid.

Are you sure?

Do you think I will be able to transfer back from KF to Velocity?

I was saving for KF, and got 40K in KF and 250K in Velocity… hopefully I can put them in the same pool.

Pre COVID-19, you’d do something like: transfer Velocity points to KrisFlyer and use KrisFlyer points to book a Star Alliance redemption using Singapore and Turkish Airlines (vis Singapore and Istanbul).

Post COVID-19, you may, or you may not, still be able to do that. Nobody knows whether you’ll be able to or not. Not @doubleplatinum, not Paul Scurrah… nobody.

Best to keep your points where they are (you have no choice anyway) and wait and see how the dust settles.

1 Like

you used to be able to book this in business class for 136,500 velocity points each way and $140 taxes but it only ran 2 days per week. no idea if HU will fly again though

VIRGIN AUSTRALIA Flight Number VA 925
Departure: SYD SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA
9:00AM
Arrival: BNE BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
9:30AM

HAINAN AIRLINES Flight Number HU 412
Departure: BNE BRISBANE, AUSTRALIA
12:00PM
INTERNATIONAL TERMINAL
Arrival: SZX SHENZHEN, CHINA
7:20PM

HAINAN AIRLINES Flight Number HU 743
Departure: SZX SHENZHEN, CHINA
1:35AM
Arrival: TLV TEL AVIV TLV, ISRAEL
8:25AM

otherwise can fly Etihad to Istanbul/Amman and buy a paid ticket for the final leg

2 Likes

Thank you!
I will see what is available when travel restrictions will be lifted.