Can I convert a multi city classic rewards booking to a RTW booking when later flights are released?

I need to be in Spain by late May 2025, and don’t have a definite date to be home (Melbourne). Looking at a trip of about a month, but don’t want to miss out on a classic reward departing flight because I waited until all flights had been released.
I just called Qantas and asked if I could convert a one way flight to a RTW flight later on but was told that’s not possible. Any assistance with this would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

As far as I know, there is no defined “switch” or “toggle” between the two redemption types that you mentioned. If you stay within the rules of a Oneworld RTW itinerary, your multi city itinerary will “become” a OneWorld RTW itinerary. I.e. the point cost will be capped.

Many a times, it is not realistic to book all flights of a Oneworld RTW itinerary at one go (dates or award seats may not be available at that time). So, it is always necessary to book as many flights as you can online at the start. Then, call up to add flights at later stages.

1 Like

Thanks for your help, much appreciated.