Can anyone help in finding business class reward space for Sydney to Singapore in June 2019 as anniversary gift for parents?

Hey Guys!

My parents are at the moment planning a trip to Europe via Singapore.
They have battled a lot through a lot last few years with health ect, and I want to surprise them both will a business class flight between Sydney & Singapore.
They have never flown anything apart from economy.

I have been saving some points over a long time, and have the following point balances roughly:
Qantas: 200,000
Amex MR: 170,000
Velocity: 60k

Dates of travel:
SYD - SIN: 24 or 25 June
SIN - SYD: 10 or 11 Aug

I understand this isn’t a huge amount of points, and happy for the reward business class flight to be one way only (preferably SYD - SIN).

I am not fussy which airline they fly, for as long as its business class, and preferably a direct flight.
I have had a look at the Qantas website, and cannot find any reward availability.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance :slight_smile:

Hi there,
I could only see saver seats on the August dates via Krisflyer. That will the most straightforward redemption. However, if you would prefer the SYD-SIN leg, I would suggest waitlisting for as many of the SYD-SIN leg as possible before securing the August flights.

If you would like to secure something right now instead, I did see some Advantage seats. They would cost 90k KF miles each.

I can see 1 business class seat on Melbourne to Singapore on Qantas on 24th June. There is 1 first class seat on Singapore Airlines Sydney to Singapore on that date available on Saver which is 85,000 per person, there is also a business class advantage seat which is 90k (so pick the first class for best value).

Singapore - Sydney:

2 Seats in Singapore Airlines First Class (on a380 no less) on the 12th August! for a total of 170k for 2 people (I would suggest you hold the seats now and transfer your AMEX/Velocity Points before they dissapear)
2 Seats in Singapore AIrlines Business Class on several flights on 10-11th August. (Requires 124k for 2 people) Again, hold the seats before you transfer.