Best ways to use 200,000 KrisFlyer Miles for a trip to Japan/Croatia?

Hi there,

We have 200,000 Krisflyer miles (it will be more by the time we travel) and would love advice on how to achieve the following:

• Flights for 3 people (2 adults and an infant) to Croatia in September 2018
  • Flights for 3 people (2 adults and an infant) to Japan in January 2018

Our intention is to fly via Business Class.

Would it work best if we bought Economy tickets and then used the points for an upgrade? If so, how does that work.

Would also love advice and guidance on the points required using partner airlines on Star Alliance!

Totally new to point hacking!

Cheers,
Yummii

Hi Yummii,

Aust east coast to Japan costs 83k Krisflyer miles per person in Business.

Aust east coast to Japan upgrade from Prem Economy to Business costs 43k Krisflyer miles per person.

Aust east coast to Japan upgrade from Economy to Business costs 65k Krisflyer miles per person.

Aust east coast to Europe costs 105k Krisflyer miles per person in Business.

Aust east coast to Europe upgrade from Prem Economy to Business costs 52k Krisflyer miles per person.

Aust east coast to Europe upgrade from Economy to Business costs 75k Krisflyer miles per person.

Personally, I would use my points on flights to EU. You would have to choose which way as your point balance can afford only 2 one-way business class seats.

Once you have a Krisflyer login (free to sign up), you could do a search on their website to find out more about the flights and taxes.

Redeem the 2 adult seats with Krisflyer miles and then ring Krisflyer to pay 10% of business class seat costs in cash for infant and attach booking with the 2 adult booking.

Krisflyer redemption chart

Krisflyer upgrade chart

Thanks for the info!

If I bought tickets from Sydney return to Milan (with a stop over in Singapore); when I use the points to upgrade the seats, would the upgrade apply for both the Sydney - Singapore, Singapore- Milan flights?

Cheers,

Yummii