Best ways to structure a trip to Barcelona late May (hopefully on the A380) in business class using Qantas points?

Hi

I was hoping for some help on the best way to structure a trip to Barcelona late May using my points to fly business class.

From what I can see there are no business class seats when looking on Qantas going over but coming back is fine.

Is there another way around this?

I am happy to leave out of Sydney or even Melbourne instead of Brisbane if that is better and pay for those flights.

Really not sure what to do!

Thanks
Renee

I assume you mean late May 2017? I would say it would be very unlikely of finding availability, particularly if you don’t hold status with Qantas. If you are Gold, Platinum, or even better Platinum One, I would ring the call centre and ask for their assistance.

Australia to Europe/USA are the most sort after redemptions, and usually get snapped up quickly. Your only hope would be if there is a late cancellation, or more award seats get opened up closer to the date.

If you are like me, and just a Bronze, then generally you need to plan well ahead when trying to redeem points - 11 months ahead.

Another option is expertflyer. I haven’t used that service yet, as I’m usually able to plan well ahead for my redemptions.

If it was me, I would snap up that return leg award seat ASAP, and book an upgradeable one way ticket for the AUS - Europe leg. And then hope you can snag it!

I am sure some other users will have other, and more detailed advice.

Try via Perth if you haven't already...  I was looking for outbound flights to Europe and ended up going this way with Emirates via QFF  so I could get on the a380.  The only award seats out of Melbourne & Adelaide were 777 and Sydney had no availability at all.