Best ways to redeem Velocity Points for Sydney-Dublin flights as a Velocity Platinum member?

Hi All,

I am platinum FF with Virgin with 500K velocity points that I would like to use to get my partner and I return flights from Sydney to Dublin in July 2018.

What are my best options to do this? I like Etihad as they fly direct into Dublin from Abu Dhabi so only one stop required.

Hi,

Check out routehappy.com for ratings and comparison between flights.

With Velocity points, you may already know that you have Etihad and Singapore Airlines as  obvious options.

With the way things are with Velocity, I would say you will have to take what you can get (what is available). Redeeming Etihad with Velocity does involve a pricey surcharge though.

Singapore Airlines products are consistently great in all classes. You may have better availability with Singapore Airlines if you transfer your Velocity to Krisflyer, even though it involves a 1.35x reduction in pts.

Lots of pros and cons to consider, I know. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply!

Can I get business class return flights from Sydney to Dublin for 2 people with 500K velocity points? Don’t mind either etihad or Singapore. How do I search for availability of rewards seats on either airline for July 2018?