Best ways to redeem Krisflyer miles for flights from Brisbane to Vancouver on Air Canada or Star Alliance partners?

Hello,

I am a recently retired Singapore Airlines PPS Solitaire member and wish to use my Kris Flyer miles for my wife and I to go to Canada mid next year.

I understand the changes that have been recently made to the Star Alliance Partner Airline redemption program however despite all the promises made by both Star Alliance and Singapore Air that this change will be for the better and you will be able to book Partner airline redemptions on-line nothing seems to have changed.

Despite spending hours on-line, speaking with SIA and a selection of travel agents I am still facing a solid brick wall with no one within SIA or Star Alliance willing to help.

Can anyone within the Point Hack Community offer advice please? Ideally we would like to take to direct Air Canada flight from Brisbane to Vancouver and return, departing mid July and returning early September, however a one stop Star Alliance flight via Asia (or New Zealand) would also be acceptable.

Any help will be gratefully received, thank you

GEORGE ROWLANDS

How many points do you have?

Currently the *A chart says return AU > North America is 234K points return. You may as well book a RTW itinerary for 240K starting from BNE > YVR > onwards. Seems like much better value to me.

Hi George,

I would suggest trying to search using united.com first. They have a monthly calendar so would make life easier for finding Star Alliance flights. Once you find the flights you can get, try searching on singaporeair.com (they have online search function available now for Star Alliance partner flights) or ring up and feed the KF agent the flight details.

I had a quick look and there doesn’t seem to be any much availability  in mid July according to united.com

Economy award seats with Air Canada are available through singaporeair.com so it might be just a case of no award availability.

I have a very similar question, same destination but in PE which AC has.

However the *A SQ charts only like Y, J and F. Is PE redemption possible?