Best ways to book single booking to London with Velocity points?

When I look up the Velocity rewards tables and redemption pages, I can’t seem to make a booking directly through to London. It forces me to split the journey into separate bookings. This is risky in terms of missed connections & logistics but also makes a trip to London with Velocity far more expensive than with QFF points. Is there a way around this so I can book a redemption to London with a single point ‘cost’ with Velocity points?

You could consider transferring Velocity points across to Krisflyer (Singapore Air). They have single booking redemption flights eg. SYD - LHR for 53000 Krisflyer miles. Note however that points transfer across will yield 75% of their value. Good luck.

Hi Birdsong,

If the transit via Singapore or Abu Dhabi is less than 24 hrs, it is usually priced as a single redemption. I usually check the distance using gcmap.com e.g. SYD-SIN-LHR. Then look it up on the point table.

Alternatively, check awardace.com for a first check.

If the individual legs are available on website search and you have problem booking it as one redemption, call them up.

Good luck.