I am planning on travelling to the USA in December 2018 and returning to Australia in January 2019. I am hoping to redeem Qantas points for this and flying business or first class. I’ve had a look on the Qantas website and note there isn’t much availability at all. Following recommendations on here I’ve had a look on the British Airways site and they also had little to no availability,
- Looking for two tickets one for myself and one for a friend.
- My friend is a Bronze Qantas member with around 250,000 points and I am a Gold member with around 450,000 points.
- I understand redeeming in December / January is difficult and trying to redeem to the USA is hard at the best of times so I’m happy to fly via Japan, Hong Kong etc to the USA and return via that way.
- I’m based in Melbourne but I’m happy to fly to another Australian state (paying) and redeem from there to the USA.
- Ideally I would leave early to middle of December 2018 and return early to mid January 2019.
Hoping someone can help with any recommendations or advice!
Thanks in advance!