Best frequent flyer program to transfer Westpac Altitude Points for Europe Trip?

Hi I have just discovered that Amex Altitude Points can no longer be exchanged for Qantas FF. I am planning a trip into Europe (Paris, Barcelona, Malta) end of year and would love to get an insight into the best current frequent flyer program that would suit that trip. Following this, Is there a way of ensuring that a flight can be booked using whichever international partner is selected prior to exchanging the altitude points into that program?
Thanks in advance.

Most bank credit card reward programs either earn to Qantas or others. One or others.

Personally, I would consider transferring to Krisflyer or Asia Miles. Krisflyer to fly Singapore Airlines or Asia Miles to fly oneworld airlines such as JAL or Cathay Pacific.

Other transfer options include Enrich and Velocity. Both have their respective cons.

As far as I know, you can try and ask the Krisflyer agent to put seats on hold. If you find a helpful agent, you may be able to do so, while waiting for your points/miles to arrive. Not quite sure you can do this with the other 3 programs.

thanks for the info!