Are partner carrier flights included in the free cancellation Qantas Classic Rewards promo?

On hold with Qantas for 2hr30mins so far.
Will book a Qantas Classic Flight reward via Qantas website for a Cathay business flight. If we find a better option down the track, ie a flight operated by Qantas will the “cancel for free prior to 28th Feb 2022” policy apply to Classic Reward Flights booked via Qantas but operated by other carriers?
We have been tangled up with Cathay married flights previously when booked a RTW rewards fare so want to ensure we can dump the whole booking for free when other options present themselves.

According to the Qantas website, as long as it’s a classic flight reward (which includes partner/Oneworld airlines), then there’s no charge to cancel if booked by 28 Feb.
I’m looking at doing the same to Japan - JAL fly overnight from Melbourne but Qantas fly during the day. Since Qantas seats in October aren’t available to me yet, I’m booking JAL for now and hope to switch to Qantas later.
Just make sure the whole itinerary is made of Classic Flight Rewards.

Thank you. We have a few options for our return next week but always on the hunt to improve with QF.

Where’s the question? Remember is a community forum. Just sayin.

Graham…The question precedes the ? mark. I’ve copied it again for you below as it seems you may have had difficulty seeing it the first time. Just saying!!!

“If we find a better option down the track, ie a flight operated by Qantas will the “cancel for free prior to 28th Feb 2022” policy apply to Classic Reward Flights booked via Qantas but operated by other carriers?”

1 Like

You can also check the title of the post!