Are one way reward seats to Australia in January rare?

Trying to get QFF reward seats, one way, home from anywhere in Asia in January seems impossible right now. We have points seats booked to Jakarta in December as a stop over to Europe but have not been able to secure rewards seats home. If I try to book a return flight SYD/CGK there are plenty of return flights (classic plus) but they are non existent if I just want one way from CGK/SYD. Is it worth my time making a phone call to qantas to see if I can secure return seats over the phone? I don’t have any status with qantas BTW.

Hi @leannemaree

I understand your frustration. Be aware that January is school holidays and so reward seats – and especially reward seats using Qantas points – are as scarce as hen’s teeth during this period.

I’ve just done a search on Seats.aero Pro and as I write this there are a grand total of SEVEN flights between Asia and Australia that have reward availability in January. Not seven routes – seven flights!

They are:

HKG-PER on January 1
SIN-MEL on January 1, 6, 29 and 31.
SIN-PER on January 1
SIN-SYD on January 30.

Of those seven flights, one is in First Class, one in Business, one in Premium Economy and the rest are in Economy.

Of course, there’s always the chance that airlines will make more seats available at the last minute, in the days before the flights.

Sorry I can’t be of more help. It is highly unlikely that a phone call to Qantas will help you but there’s no harm in giving it a go.

1 Like