Any suggestions on the best way to utilise my Qantas FF Points for Sydney-Milan-Tel Aviv-Johannesburg-Sydney trip?

Hi

I would like to travel Sydney-Milan-Tel Aviv-Johannesburg-Sydney Economy with my wife departing 8 September 2016 and returning 20 October 2016.

I am looking for advice how to best utilise my 550,000 in Qantas FF points.

Thanks
Josh

With only about 2-3 months out , that isn’t easy you might have to be very flexible with days or even purchase certain legs yourself .

Hi Josh,

Sounds like an excited trip. Without knowing your priorities and flexibilities, we would be of very little help. Have a play with the Qantas Multicity Booking; select options Classic Rewards, flexible dates.

I had a quick play and found flights (Sydney-Dubai-Milan)-(Tel Aviv-London-Johannesburg)-Sydney for 2 economy seats for 364,000 points. So it would be doable. It just depends on availability and your flexibility.

The dates for the individual flights I found are: 11 Sep; 15 Sep, 25 Sep, 21 Oct.

There are two airports in Milan I noticed. Have a play with the 2 to compare availabilities.

Flights on some One World airlines are not covered on Qantas searches. You can check on BA website too after starting an account. More on this on the guide pages on Point Hacks. If you find some availabilities not shown on Qantas, you would have to call Qantas to make the redemptions.

If it sounds too complicated, get in touch with Luke at Travel Managers Australia. Maybe they can help. (turns out he doesn’t help with redemption queries)

Good Luck.

Thanks