Any insight on how Krisflyer's saver fare works when redeeming flights with stopovers?

Hello

I was looking on Krisflyer for a redemption flight from SYD-LON in first class.

I was looking around March as more likely to get a flight I might want.

Interestingly I noted that it was 113,000 points to fly first saver SYD-LON but with an 18 hour stopover in Singapore. The flights with a shorter stop over, only standard was available.

I thought I would try to book two separate flights with business SYD-SIN and first SIN-LON. Thought that might help with availability and getting a shorter stopover. However the combined points was 138,000.

Just wondering if you had any ideas - or is it just the way it is - if I want to use a saver fare I can only get a short stopover in business, and long stopover in First?

Thank you

Hi,

Singapore has different amounts of saver and standard award seats (i.e. award inventory) available for first and business class. The award inventory for business and first class are not related.

The reason you are getting an 18 hour stopover is because there mustn’t be any saver availability for first class on the flights with a short stopover. As such, you have to wait 18 hours for the next flight with saver availability to book a single SYD-LON ticket for 113,000 points.

When you do a separate search in business class, you are looking at a different award inventory to first class. This might mean there are two flights in business class available at a saver level with a shorter stopover.